[Arm-netbook] Upcoming CPU Card Status?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 5 18:12:14 GMT 2013

On Thursday, December 5, 2013 13:48:33 joem wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-12-05 at 01:17 +0000, Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross wrote:
>
> > Hi. Deciding weather to put a order in for a a20+devboard or too wait.
> >
> > I prefer the specs of the upcoming cpu cards. I need all the ram I can
> > get preferably but I also would like 3D/GPU for gnome-shell providing
> > there's free drivers and firmware other wise I'd compromise for the most
> > free cpu card.
>

> Something close - here is video of an EOMA68-A20 working with 3D on
> Ubuntu:
> http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/video-2013-10-21-15-06-42.mp4

yep; the openGL stack works, in both X.org and Wayland.

looking at the various shots on the eoma_boot page, what desktop(s) / window managers have
you successfully brought up with compositing?

looking through them it looks mostly like gnome2, though i see some mentions of (a composite-
less?) gnome-fall-session and compiz as well?

--
Aaron J. Seigo