[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 Boots Android and plays youtube videos very well

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 22:29:40 BST 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Dr. David Alan Gilbert
<dave at treblig.org> wrote:
> * luke.leighton (luke.leighton at gmail.com) wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Henrik Nordström
>> <henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

>> > The Android that shipped on this batch of EOMA68-A20 cards is not by any
>> > means an official EOMA68-A20 release. It's just what the factory used
>> > for testing the boards.
>>
>>  correct.  *deep breath* i'm glad we got them shipped directly.
>> anyone wants to ask for the source for those they can bugger off and
>> ask the people who put it on!!  i ain't asking 'em!!
>
> Do you actually believe that the shipping path makes any difference?

 it'd better.  [actually, yes i do].

> After all many manufacturers devices get assembled by random assembly companies
> and loaded with firmware there and sent to distributors.

 it's a chain david.  that's why we got involved in this project in
the first place because the chain goes ODM, OEM, distributor in china,
distributor in US/EU, chain in US/EU, retail shop in US/EU and it's
completely insane trying to track down GPL violations through that
because each entity in the chain *must* ask the other link for the GPL
source, right the way back *to* the source.

 in this case wits-tech made the samples, put the test software on,
and they were shipped straight out.  the samples did *NOT* come to our
address first.  therefore, if anyone wants the source of the random
tablet software that was placed on the samples they can go to
wits-tech and ask for it.