[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

Christopher Thomas christopher at firemothindustries.com
Sat Aug 31 16:22:41 BST 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Christopher Thomas
> <christopher at firemothindustries.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> chris... you've got 2 more cards, right?  i have a vague recollection
> >> you only tested one...
> >>

> > I tested both. And they both worked,
>
>  awesome!  so that's... 5 out of 7.  that's more like it.

I should say though, I've been getting irregular lockups of one of my
boards. Haven't determined where it's coming from, but I can conclude it
happens even when the eth interface isn't configured.

> > however I cannot get SATA working
> > yet, I did notice that in the script.fex posted, it is missing the
> > SATA power enable;
>
>  that's because there isn't a sata_power_en.
>
> > EOMA:
> > [sata_para]
> > sata_used = 1
> > sata_power_en =
> >
> > EVERYONE ELSE:
> >
> > [sata_para]
> > sata_used = 1
> > sata_power_en = port:PB08<1><default><default><0>
>
>  ... because they use that pin as a power-indicator.

yeah, you responded before I could correct myself, looked at where PB8 was
going on the cubieboard schematic, and realized my error.

> > Still, I enabled it, but have not been able to see it load in the /dev
> > or dmesg. I'm going to try another image tonight after making some
> > changes.
>
>  i found a couple of modifications which i cut over from the
> cubieboard2 3.3 tree, and also enabled some debug messages.  they're
> in commit 5f166e6495ac17a3275f599c06b68035f5bbeb28 of the
> git.rhombus-tech.net linux.git tree (you should just be able to do
> "git checkout 5f166e6").

thanks, I'll try it out.

> l.

Christopher Thomas