[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

Ryan Mullen rmmullen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 05:51:08 BST 2013

Hi Luke and all,

I was unable to get my ethernet working, but I do not have a
micro-engineering board. (I did order one - did everyone receive them
but me?)

Here's a photo of my setup: http://i.imgur.com/FdogfjM.jpg

The ethernet jack has integrated magnetics, and all six relevant
signals are connected.

The clip leads are for the UART. Obviously the wirewrap wire could
have been made shorter and more orderly, so maybe that's the issue.
The wirewrap is soldered to solid wire that fits the connector well,
and then the solder point is heatshrunk.

I used the sunxi-tools usb-boot script to load up a uboot on the
eoma68-a20. Once at the uboot prompt, I did this:

setenv ethaddr 00:00:00:00:00:01 (note: earlier instructions in this
thread said macaddr instead of ethaddr)
setenv ipaddr 10.0.0.6
setenv netmask 255.255.255.0
ping 10.0.0.1

The ping fails. Additionally, I do not get an LED on my network
switch's front panel indicating link presence.

At the moment there is plenty of reason to doubt the integrity of my
ethernet jack, but I just thought I would throw in my datapoint. At
least it was nice to get the practice connecting to the CPU card and
it's nice to see it show some signs of life :)

Ryan