[Arm-netbook] eoma68-a20 ethernet testing

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Fri Aug 30 09:44:19 BST 2013

fre 2013-08-30 klockan 07:35 +0000 skrev joem:

> I got 2 pieces, weekend coming up, but I need to see a full write up
> to do it - because I am tasked on other projects I never
> get the chance to keep up.
>
> I got serial debug, uSD, scope, magnifiers, high quality camera, power
> supplies, and gadgets galore. Just need to know the step by step, blow
> by blow, log by log thing :)

1. Correct the MEB board as per prior discussions. There is some diodes
that need changing and a wire to add iirc.

2. Connect EOMA board to the MEB.

3. Connect ethernet

5. Connect UART cable, open terminal program and hold down button 2 on
your keyboard.

6. Connect µUSB cable

when boot1 says it jumps to FEL then you can release button 2 on your
keyboard.

If you open the EOMA-68 A20 then you can short the uboot pad instead of
messing with button 2. But for now use the UART method, that also
verifies that UART cable connection works.

The board should now be seen in lsusb as an unknown device with no
description.

Now you need FEL u-boot with Ethernet support

    git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/u-boot-sunxi.git
    cd u-boot-sunxi
    make CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- EOMA68_A20_FEL
    cd ..

And sunxi-tools

    git clone https://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-tools.git
    cd sunxi-tools
    make

Now you are ready to boot

    ./usb-boot ../u-boot-sunxi/spl/u-boot-spl.bin ../u-boot/u-boot.bin

You should see u-boot starting on the UART, failing to boot and leaving
you at the u-boot prompt.

Regards
Henrik