[Arm-netbook] eoma26-a10s

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Sun Aug 25 11:34:02 BST 2013

Look at the back of this product
http://www.variscite.com/products/system-on-module-som/cortex-a9/dart-4460-cpu-ti-omap-4-omap4460
It manages 3 connectors similar to FPC.

For dense boards, no panic, up the number  of layers if routing becomes a problem.
(The do have up to 24 layers these days.)
If laser drilling is OK, and layers are allowed to increase, then
board space can be filled with connectors and components
and still probably get fully routed. Just have to watch clearance
for the auto placement tools.

FPC 40 ok, 45 not sure - may be FPC-50 easier to purchase.
Looking at the photo, off hand I would say the 2nd DDR could go on as well.
FP-40 requires 10mmmx30mm approx area including clearance.
The KiCAD models are around somewhere - but I can make them
and 3D shapes from existing ones and post them later.