[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 Carrier Board Concept

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu Aug 22 14:37:21 BST 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 14:15 -0500, Christopher Thomas wrote:

>         >> 3. The EOMA68 (b/h)ackers already have info/knowledge on
>         the STM32x
>         >> from the flying squirrel.
>

>          libopencm3 - LGPL'd - lots of other bits.  although to be
>         honest
>         having seen the MK20 which appears to have full-speed USB
>         *and* I2S
>         even in a 40-pin package @ $1.60 i'm kinda stunned and amazed.
>

> Not JUST FS USB, but OTG too. :)
>

> The MK20DX Datasheet makes me feel all warm and gooey.
> http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/K20P64M50SF0.pdf

I have go ahead to look for an alternative cortex ARM cpu for my
company.

I'm  trying to see if I can get an FRDM-K20D50M operational and use that
to program up a MK20DX32VLF5. Is that even possible?
Codewarrior (Eclipse derivative) is free up to 128k but when you try to
download it, you have to wait for someone from freescale to make contact
instead of click and download. I don't know what all that involves so
I'm loosing time here to try things out.

Chris, could you share how you plan on getting a K20 code compiling in
Linux and programming a chip with it? I could use this for the I2C I/O
port expansion chip because its cheaper.