[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 development cycle

Craig Ballew arm-netbook2013 at mymemopad.com
Sun Aug 18 01:09:13 BST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: arm-netbook [mailto:arm-netbook-bounces at lists.phcomp.co.uk] On Behalf Of luke.leighton
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:12 PM

>  anyway.  this is probably more than you were expecting but gives you a quick round-up (yes, really: quick!) of what's > going on and where we're going.
>
> l.

It was exactly what I needed to know, thank you for taking the time for the long explanation. I was wondering if this was an investment opportunity but I see you are structuring the projects to insure that all profits are returned to fund the project instead of having to payback investors with an acceptable rate of return on the original investment.

Did you ever consider using Kickstarter which would reward payback with finished hardware instead of profits?

I assume that normally a company developing these products would a required an investment well north of $1M and released a proprietary product probably priced out of the range of most hobbyists. As somebody who expects to reap the fruit of your team's labor, thanks to everybody and I'm anxiously awaiting my share of the pre-orders.

Are you anticipating that the proposed EOMA-68 Carrier Boards or equivalent will be manufactured simultaneously so that everybody will be able use their EOMA-68 cards or are you assuming most will have build their own version of the EOMA-68 Carrier Boards?

Craig Ballew
Cartersville, GA