[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 development cycle

Craig Ballew arm-netbook2013 at mymemopad.com
Sat Aug 17 23:05:07 BST 2013

I admit I haven't reviewed every page at http://rhombus-tech.net
<http://rhombus-tech.net/>  and I have not been able to read every post on
this mailing list but I love the concept and design and believe the
potential is great for a successful product used by OEM and hobbyist
customers if it is released in a timely manner.

I apologize if it has been covered here or if it is on the website and I
missed it or it's considered confidential, but what is the funding model for
the development for the EOMA-68 A20 prototype boards, I/O Interface Boards
and related accessory products?

I think I understand the concept for a CIC but does Rhombus Tech provide the
capital to fund any portion of the development cycle or are the developers
shouldering the costs of producing the prototypes and relying on the alpha
testers to reimburse them for actual costs when purchasing the prototypes as
they are developed?

If so, how much is this funding model slowing the development cycle and what
would speed it up? Who is going to fund the initial and subsequent
production run? Everybody pre-pay?

Craig Ballew

Cartersville, GA