[Arm-netbook] SHIPPING!: EOMA-68 Micro Engineering Boards

Christopher Thomas christopher at firemothindustries.com
Sun Aug 11 23:57:53 BST 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 5:29 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Christopher
> <christopher at firemothindustries.com> wrote:
> > Given the issue with the uarts, Is it too far fetched to consider the
> differential pairs got swapped? (I.e. pin 68 isn't actually going to SATA
> B- and so on...)
>
>  http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/a20_sata
>
>  doesn't look like that's the case.
>

> > I know all the pins on the MEB match the PCMCIA connector. But perhaps
> the 68pin on the cardedge is misrouted on the a20 card. (Which would
> require soldering as you mentioned. )
>
>  looks fine to me but could use a double-check.
>
> > Also, everyone might want to look at their card edge connectors on the
> a20 PCB. Tried booting up one of mine and it worked and then halted. Looked
> at the connector and saw pin 66 and pin 33 were slightly bridged (tiny tiny
> blob of solder was in a peak pointed at the connector )
>
>  that's bad.  thanks for the heads-up.  something to watch out for in
> QC (for production).  i just bridged a couple of those pins, whoops
> they're absolute sods to clean out.

Yeah they are.  Just checked my other one, no bridge, but for some reason
the area near the end (68pin side), looked kinda "nasty", almost like
whoever/whatever was soldering was worried about interference with the
resistors or some such in that area.

Christopher Thomas
Firemoth Industries, LLC - Owner
christopher at firemothindustries.com