[Arm-netbook] SHIPPING!: EOMA-68 Micro Engineering Boards

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 18:30:32 BST 2013

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Christopher Thomas
<christopher at firemothindustries.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 1:01 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > http://www.rom.by/files/schematic_SATA_con.JPG
>> >
>> > .... o arse :)  you know what's happened, don't you? :)
>> >
>> > *sigh* let me try desoldering the sata conector....
>>
>>  ok decided to cut tracks instead.... then traced them through and
>> noticed that compared to the MEB.pdf i have, actually.... err.... the
>> connections look ok.
>>
>>  chris did you turn A/B round at all?
>>

> No, for SATA, I used the exact part that was listed in the BOM I received
> from you.  Heck, I even compared what I ordered to the 3D Images of the
> board in Altium.

 ok.  and i think that was the right thing to do, i'm looking at
cubieboard schematics and yes they do the exact same thing, RX-to-RX,
TX-to-TX (so presumably it's at the drive end that they're turned
around, or by the sata cable)

 i've desoldered one of the SATA sockets and put 4 20mm wires on it
(ok, 5) - poked 5 into the end of the EOMA68 connector: still no
response.

 next up to consider is soldering the SATA connector directly to the
EOMA68-A20 PCB, which, for obvious reasons i'm somewhat reluctant to
do.