[Arm-netbook] It arrived in the post just now!

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 02:01:01 BST 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Henrik Nordström
<henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> ons 2013-07-31 klockan 12:29 +0100 skrev luke.leighton:
>> > - The metal is glued to the EOMA68 connector with adhesive tape. When
>> > reaching the EOMA68 connector just gently bend one edge the shield for a
>> > while until the tape looses it's grip.
>>
>>  is it?  gosh.  they did a decent job then.
>
> They did.
>
>> oh wait.. it might just be the lacquer that they spray on the boards.
>
> No.
>
>> hmmm, you (or someone else) might have to take some pictures because i
>> have one of the early ones, it didn't even have the protective sleeve
>> inside.
>
> I have already removed the "glue" tape from mine.
>
>>  question, henrik: did the CPU card have a yellow protective sleeve,
>> top and bottom inside?
>
> Yes. First thing I verified. If not there would have been a big fat
> WARNING (repeat 20 times) in my message.
>
>>  if not, i'm going to be *really* pissed.
>
> Nothing to be pissed over this time :)
>
> Except the design errors of swapping SD controllers,

 yeah i know...

> not having FEL
> externally reachable (the combination of both is quite annoying),

 ok.  right.  there's i think _one_ possible last spare pin on the
68-pin header (i've been thinking of making UART_TX and UART_RX part
of the EOMA-68 spec) - which could potentially be used here to get a
CPU card to go into "bootloader" mode.

 however... that's typically going to be CPU-card-specific.  but... if
you need to boot and install a CPU Card from scratch you *will* know
which one you're dealing with, therefore you'd put the right OS on,
use the right tools etc. etc. and would use the appropriate boot
pinout setup etc. etc.

thoughts?