[Arm-netbook] Fwd: 15in EOMA-68 laptop

Hrvoje Lasic lasich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 09:16:40 BST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hrvoje Lasic <lasich at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Arm-netbook] 15in EOMA-68 laptop
To: Linux on small ARM machines <arm-netbook at lists.phcomp.co.uk>

Luke,

I had some time and asked few suppliers for hinge and keyboard. For hinge I
found one supplier that looks promising. i am waiting for price info (which
will eventually qualify him or not). He also send me 3d model (attached)
which is of great help. It is a hinge used for some Dell laptops but he
told me that we can modify it in order to avoid being the same (and adapt
to our design). Here is link for 3d files:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/z1jkq3

DONGGUAN SIJIE PRECISION HARDWARE CO.LTD
  Engineer&Sales director       Frank_Jin
  MP:   15113312844
  Tel: 86-0769-83010593
  Fax:86-0769-81114793
  E_mail: framklin80 at Gmail.com* *
*  Skype:   frank_jinjun

*
*As for keyboards, I also asked for suppliers. it seems that there is many
suppliers but mainly doing brand substitute for repair. Do you think we can
use this kind of product or we have to make molds (which is not good
thing)? Anyway, i will look further, this is preliminary. Maybe we can also
modify to some extend existing models. Some of them asked me for layout of
keyboard? What you have to plan to use? Also, price range seems to be
excessive as they quote based on repair business, not producing business. i
will forward you some mail where we got some price info so you can see.

regards,
*
*Hrvoje
*