[Arm-netbook] 15in EOMA-68 laptop

Davin Gibb davin.gibb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 23:20:44 BST 2013

I saw just recently a 13" tablet driving retina (term meaning better dpi than legacy) resolution 2048x1536 on an A31.

Given that the A31 is up there in GPU performance, I had expected it to perform very well. But it was laggy (yes it could mean many factors causing this).

13" was ok from a dpi perspective but be very careful of making anything this day and age w/o higher dpi. On the shelf it looks sooooo yesteryear. This is even more so if your market is adult based. Word of mouth will kill the < 220 dpi market if it hasn't already.

15" with 2048x1536 would be an absolute minimum. But honestly I don't think arm chipsets are up for the task yet to drive it 'perception' free of it not struggling.

I would look to nvidia (tegra 4?) or AMD to come out with an arm solution which smashes this (still waiting tho?)