[Arm-netbook] pricing on eoma68 cards

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 20:04:22 BST 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:55 PM, alex allss <wingrime at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just saw this vendor http://www.hosiden.com/ but it realy hard to
> say about steel quality and thinkness looking to datasheets

 alex, thanks for the link.  http://www.hosiden.com/product/pdf/e_ifc.pdf#hdmi

 unfortunately their micro-hdmi type D part (p24) is a TOP mount part.
 there isn't room for TOP mount components: they would stick out by
around 0.4 mm *through* the top of the case.

 we absolutely absolutely absolutely must have micro-hdmi type D *MID* mount.

 likewise with the micro USB, again it has to be MID mount.  their
USB-AB part (p 15) is a *TOP* mount.

 it was generally absolute hell to track down the parts that we could
find.  we only actually ever found _two_ suppliers of mid-mount
micro-hdmi type D: one was amphenol and the other was molex (the PDFs
are at the URL on hands.com).

 their part CCD1360 - micro-sd however - *might* be ok, but i will
need a more comprehensive datasheet.

also, to establish communication with them, to go through the "who the
hell are you, why would be want to take your money" questions at this
late stage, i'm kinda reluctant to do that, especially as it would
potentially mean a board re-spin and thus yet another lot of NREs and
design fees, so unless someone has a *REALLY* good reason i'd like to
go with what we've picked.

 these questions - although they're great questions - really should
have been asked a year ago when we were picking the parts and
suppliers!! :)

l.