[Arm-netbook] Going to attend China Electronic Fare.

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 22:46:01 BST 2013

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Piyush Verma <piyush.pv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Going to attend China Electronic Fare at shenzhen 10-12 apr.
>
> And hongkong electronic component show 13 t0 15.
>

> Any body else joining it or need any info ?

 oo - oo, yes!   could you see if you could find a supplier of 7in
1024x600 IPS screens for me?  preferably the old model of kindle fire
screen, P/N LD070WS02-SL01.  supply will probably be to shenzen, i
will give you some contact details, who it needs to go to.

 if they tell you "price is $30" then please tell them to f*** off.
nicely :)  the price in 10k volumes should be around... i'm guessing
around $23.  what we _really_ want is $18 but i think that's going to
be hard to get.

 that's the main one.  there's a couple more i need - a MiniPCIe
socket (height of 4mm for preference).

and .... *sigh*.... i also really need to find a mid-mount micro-hdmi type D.

 now, the last time we went looking, the chinese people who looked for
this REALLY did not get it.  they kept sending us TOP mount parts, as
well as Type A HDMI and Type C HDMI, and even in some cases parts that
weren't even hdmi at all.

 IT ABSOLUTELY MUST BE MID-Mount.  it MUST BE hdmi, and it MUST be
type D.  the type d parts are distinguishable from a b and c because
they're absolutely tiny: they're even smaller than Mini USB.  the
mid-mount parts are distinguishable from TOP mount parts because the
SMT support legs are half-way up the side of the case.

 here's a couple of examples:
   http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/micro_hdmi_mid_mount_type_d_molex_786181001_sd.pdf
   http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/allwinner/micro_hdmi_mid_mount_type_d_amphenol_1042465.pdf

the molex part is $1.30 even in 100k volumes - which is waaay too
expensive.  the amphenol part was a great price - $0.30 in 100k
volumes - but they forgot to tell us that it went End-of-Life last
year.  great!  so we have to find a replacement, or persuade them to
re-open the line.

 so.  yeah.  an IPS 1024x600 7in LCD (LD070WS02-SL01 if you can't find
anything cheaper).  a MiniPCIe socket (preferred 4mm height), and a
Mid-Mount Micro-HDMI Type D.

 that'd be awesome, piyush.