[Arm-netbook] pengpod

Neal Peacock neal at nic-stix.com
Sun Apr 7 18:06:40 BST 2013

You are going to have to pay the VAT regardless, if you buy direct UPS
will collect it.  If I had a reseller in the UK, he would just be
charging it to you and in fact would have to prepay most of when
importing which increases his risk since I dont think he gets it back if
he reexports for any reason, I'm not 100% about EU law though.

There is no way to avoid it.

I looked a using a fulfillment service similar to how Amazon operates.
Since I would have to land the goods with the fulfillment partner, I
would have to register and collect the VAT and quite frankly its just
another big complex tax disaster but once I have managed to avoid since
the carrier can handle it.  Unfortunately the operational aspect of my
business already take the majority of time and I have had very little
free for development since we started shipping.

On 04/07/2013 09:51 AM, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> Switzerland would be a problem because it's outside the EU and we
> would have to pay vat over £15 or EUR18. Have you considered selling
> through - cough! - Amazon UK?
> >
> > On Apr 7, 2013 12:59 PM, "Neal Peacock" <neal at nic-stix.com
> <mailto:neal at nic-stix.com>> wrote:
> >>
> >> Luke, thanks its been more work than I first anticipated but things
> are settling in now.
> >>
> >> Ottavio, prices on the website don't include any duties or taxes.
> We don't have a reseller in England but we do have one in Switzerland
> I'm going to be announcing on the site today or tomorrow.
> >>
> >> Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com

> <mailto:arm-netbook at files.phcomp.co.uk>
> >>

> >> --
> >> Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

> <mailto:arm-netbook at files.phcomp.co.uk>

Neal Peacock
PengPod