[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 I/O Board start-up details?

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 20:08:03 BST 2013

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Scott Sullivan <scott at ss.org> wrote:
> So Luke,
>
> At the moment details on the EOMA-68 start-up procedures are a little thin.
> http://elinux.org/Embedded_Open_Modular_Architecture/EOMA-68#Start-up_procedure
>
> What information is available for those wishing to design their own I/O
> boards ahead of or in parallel with the CPU card releases?

 the only major bit missing is the I2C EEPROM address.

> I2C address for the EEPROM?

 haven't got that far yet, although it's likely already chosen by the
flying squirrel designers.

> Format of Device Information? Binary or Plain Text?

 haven't got that far yet.

> Hot Plug? Ie. changeable while CPU Card is running (for example,
> suspended with a super-cap

 card-dependent.  first revision cards i'm not going to ask the
designers to add that kind of additional complexity, nor ask people to
pay the extra cost involved.

> or fully powered from USB-OTG)?

 yes.

> Most the buses are self discovering, what triggers re-discovery of the
> I2C Bus?

 it's inferred from detection of 5V power in.

> I expect not all of these may be answerable at this time, but I'm just
> keeping an eye on the long term.

 ack.