[Arm-netbook] Open up the AMLogic box

Peter Steenbergen p.steenbergen at j1nx.nl
Tue Oct 30 19:49:27 GMT 2012

Hi there guys,

The last couple of days (more weeks) I spent countless hours on talking
to numerous Chinese factories for them to hopefully release kernel, but
more important u-boot sources for the AmLogic 8726-M3 boxes out there (MBX
r16ref).

Almost all of them think of you as a "difficult customer" and kindly ask
you to move along (nothing to see here).

During one of my latest attempts I tried it the other way around. So after
negotiating the price and minimal order quantities, somewhere late into the
discussions I stated, we needed to have access to the kernel and u-boot
sources. No sources, No deal!

This appeared to work a lot better :D

So for all of you ARM enthusiastic's out there. A nice new project is on
the way, but we need your support first;
http://www.j1nx.nl/crowdfunding/

If we can raise enough funds to ship 500 units, we will get the full
sources / build tree they used to create the Android ROM currently on the
box. This includes the kernel sources, drivers and boat loader sources.

The board has a populated UART connection inside, so is basically as simple
to get serial console as the Mele A1000 / A2000

Hope for your support,

Peter