[Arm-netbook] The "Broadcom opens its GPU drivers except not really" brouhaha

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:27:18 GMT 2012

On 10/29/12, Attila Asztalos <attila.asztalos at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's all in the subject line, details (and reactions, including notable RE
> people's ones) at http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2221#comments. More
> of heads-up than important news really.

 no it's good - thanks attila.  although an EOMA68 BCM CPU Card would
be fantastic i'm not going to touch it until the documentation - full
documentation - for the GPU is available.

> The Pi folks are they usual mildly
> arrogant selves and apparently the FSF is not exactly impressed either...

 it's deceptive marketing practices.

 ... y'know.... i'm reading a lot of books about wealth at the moment.
 they point out that money just allows you to be "more of whom you
are, already".  if you're a conscientious person and you have more
wealth, that wealth allows you to be more conscientious.

if you're "mildly arrogant", that wealth allows your arrogance to
cause quite a lot of damage to other people.  the definition of
arrogance is "the combination of ignorance and ego".

that the people behind the rbpi are ignorant, egoistical *and*
becoming increasingly powerful and influential when they're promoting
their product as an "educational tool" has me really quite alarmed.

salutory lesson to get the rhombus tech project seriously moving.