[Arm-netbook] FSF crowd-source tablet/laptop idea

Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross arm-netbook at aross.me
Thu Oct 18 03:05:53 BST 2012

On 18/10/12 01:32, luke.leighton wrote:
> ok.  i really liked the idea of the FSF doing crowd-source funding,

I can imagine the news articles:
"
New Free Software Portable Computer
There is a new laptop and tablet combo portable computer that is
actually can be endorsed by the FSF. However it's the same old under 1gh
cpu speed but what makes it direffent it when a better CPU and bits
comes along. You JUST pop out the old one and pop in a new one....
"

On 18/10/12 01:32, luke.leighton wrote:
> my question is: does anyone have anything to add, spot the deliberate
> mistake, any suggestions at all, before i start?  any better
> companies to contact, or better but similar products out there?

Setup a survey to find out what different people want. eg a A"I"
touchbook like thing. That works with different tabletly sizes and Qs
like what size do you want, FM transmitter 40M,100M range?, etc.
LimeSurvey looks like the software to use.
I can help with the questions.
This newbie could try and set it up on your hosting or I can use some
hosting lent to me to get my biz of the ground.