[Arm-netbook] ATX motherboard

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:32:26 BST 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:56 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Compare for instance, with the level of documentation provided by
>> Texas Instruments for their chips.
>
>  well the nice thing is that it's always possible to use any other CPU
> Card.  TI, samsung - any.

 right, ok - sorry, that was a quick reply while i was on the phone.
yes.  TI.  interesting you should mention them: there's some news that
TI is in "advanced negotiations" with Amazon, to sell their entire SoC
division.  TI will "focus on their core embedded expertise".

 in other words: lots and lots of great documentation doesn't
necessarily translate directly into huge mass-volume sales.

 the point of the EOMA strategy is: we're inviting SoC vendors - all
of them - to expand their markets.  not just allwinner with its one
A10 processor.