[Arm-netbook] Crowd Sourcing Proposal

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Thu Oct 11 15:38:23 BST 2012

On 10/11/2012 03:24 PM, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Gordan Bobic<gordan at bobich.net>  wrote:
>
>> It'd be nice if the said box for the lapdock had a SATA disk slot in it.
>> That would tick of pretty much all requirements in one go.
>
>   yeahyeahyeah.  i looked on alibaba a couple of days ago - there's one
> company with the word "lapdock" in their products.  they weren't
> interested in adapting them [too busy?].  will keep searching.  i want
> lots of options.

You do realize we are talking about a box with an EOMA connector that
plugs into the lapdock, not the lapdock itself, right? The box itself
will of course need to be custom, that pretty much goes without saying,
but it should be a simple black box with a few connectors on it, just to
make for a tidy solution rather than the sort of cable mess that current
DIY solutions require.

Gordan