[Arm-netbook] GSM/GPRS and 3G EOMA-68 Cards

Enrico ebutera at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 11 15:12:39 BST 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:56 PM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Enrico <ebutera at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>>> my question is therefore would it be of interest to people to have an
>>> EOMA-68 3G CPU Card?
>>
>> Very very much if the cpu has enough processing power/coprocessor to
>> do audio/video encoding (1080p).
>
>  yeah... of course.  thank you for reminding me.  there's no point
> picking a CPU that can't do RGB/TTL at a decent resolution!

My mistake, i was meaning that you connect for example a 5Mpixel
sensor (maybe with an i/o board) and it can encode it in h264 1080p.

But now that i think about it, is this use-case supported? I mean, if
for example the cpu has mipi csi2 interface, will you have it routed
on the eoma connector? From the examples i've seen only video out.

Sorry for the confusion (but yes, 1080p output is needed too in many use cases).

Enrico