[Arm-netbook] GSM/GPRS and 3G EOMA-68 Cards

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 14:56:03 BST 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Enrico <ebutera at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

>> my question is therefore would it be of interest to people to have an
>> EOMA-68 3G CPU Card?
>
> Very very much if the cpu has enough processing power/coprocessor to
> do audio/video encoding (1080p).

 yeah... of course.  thank you for reminding me.  there's no point
picking a CPU that can't do RGB/TTL at a decent resolution!

 https://developer.qualcomm.com/sites/default/files/snapdragon-specs.pdf
 yep, the MSM7227a can only do FWVGA (854x480) so is ruled out.  has
to be something a bit more beefy.

 i did ask dr schaeller if he'd like to do a variant of the GTA04 PCB,
but they need to sell some GTA04 boards first.