[Arm-netbook] so where does ULP-COM fit into our thinking?

green greenfreedom10 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:05:32 BST 2012

Simon Kenyon wrote at 2012-10-10 02:43 -0500:
> do we really, really think that people will be swapping cards between
> enclosures on an hourly basis? i think it is worth looking at the relative
> costs of the card and the devices. it would seem likely that people would
> have one card per device and only change the card when there was a major
> upgrade in the card capabilities.

My personal usage would include somehow switching from pocket-size tablet to
laptop multiple times per day, whether by moving a EOMA68 card or by simply
connecting the display and keyboard by cable.  The advantages as I see it are
only a single operating system to maintain and a practically identical
software experience regardless of chassis style.  Synchronization across many
devices, architectures, and operating systems suddenly becomes a non-issue.