[Arm-netbook] Crowd Sourcing Proposal

Brendan Sleight bms.debian at barwap.com
Tue Oct 9 19:18:41 BST 2012

New thread was "FPGA and Bitcoin Mining"

On 8 October 2012 19:11, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>  then, amazingly - i'd completely forgotten about this, who the heck
> wrote it, it's brilliant.
> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/crowd_funding_proposal/
Thanks, was a few months ago, but that would be me.
http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2011-December/001329.html

Feedback is welcome it is a bit of a straw-man at the moment. It is
not necessary pitched at people in this list, more pitched towards
people that would buy at $35 level (heck or even the $5 sticker
level).

Complete guess at the funding levels required for each stage. Plus
another set of guesses for how many cards are available at each stage.
I would be grateful if someone with more knowledge needs to have a
guess at the time frames of each stage.

Also I need someone to offer to do the work for - "* A testing CPU
Card, with your choice of Debian Packages loaded by a Debian Developer
- $250" as well as "Stable CPU Cards, with working OS image."  I am
happy to get stickers printed and posted.

>  ok, here's the page where we need people to commit to helping out:
> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/crowdsource_funding/
I added my name.

Regards,
Brendan