[Arm-netbook] FPGA and Bitcoin Mining

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 00:20:35 BST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:

> the gray probably becomes red when the money (10k+) needs to be
> transferred to china where the designers and the factories are.

 all this stuff is taken care of, the infrastructure's in place.
remember that we've been gearing up and preparing for this for quite
some time, on the basis of the amounts being far in excess of 10k.  my
associate geoff has financial contacts in china and hong kong, and is
familiar with the international banking system; he's on the board of a
large investment firm; has contacts with financial advisers in hong
kong and shenzen; knows when and where it's appropriate to get
insurance from e.g. Lloyds of London; we have access to a solicitor
who has been advising us of ways to ensure that the setup is entirely
legitimate, whom to go to, to get approvals and indemnity insurance
from etc. etc.

 example: we wanted to sign someone to help with sales; the contract
we had to put in front of him was just... mad, because of the scope
and scale of the project.  a normal UK company would not have to deal
with half the shit we've had to cater for, but because it's
international in scope there's had to be money laundering
declarations, blah blah the works.

 so yeah, really - i could just say "it's covered" and leave it at
that, but... :)