[Arm-netbook] PCMCIA frame kits - help needed.

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:32:06 BST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM, green <greenfreedom10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> However is necessary to get the job done.  Somehow have the option of
> switching chassis easily (like this might happen several times a day),
> preferably without needing to shutdown the running operating system.
>
> This could be with a laptop shell that simply plugs in via USB/HDMI (might be
> simpler) or moving the EOMA68 card into a new chassis.  Simple enough I
> suppose, except that none of this kind of hardware exists that I know of.

 no not yet so that means these things need to be considered so that
the designs are right, for when it's actually done.

 btw i *really* need help finding a "5mm Type II PCMCIA Frame Kit" -
one that's open-ended, like the attached photo.  this one, the exact
same frame is used both top and bottom, they're symmetrical and they
snap together.  we don't care if they're glued, ultrasonic'd,
whatever, but they really need to be:

 * 5mm (Type II)
 * PCMCIA (16-bit not Cardbus)
 * open-ended i.e. be capable of taking a custom end-plate across the
whole width of the frame.

is there anyone on the list who is in shenzen, who would be able to a)
phone b) go actually visit Litkconn, and find out if they have, in
their buckets-of-bits, an open-ended PCMCIA frame kit?  their web site
says that they have WIFI framekits and GPRS framekits, but those
aren't completely suitable.  we *might* be able to get away with
adapting their GPRS one
http://www.litkconn.com/English/htm/all.asp?productpage=jszc.htm

☉ Yiu Technology Co., Ltd. of Shenzhen City
Tel -755-27646600, 27646601
Fax :86 -755-27646585
Email: salessz at litkconn.com (email doesn't work, i tried)
Address: Building Oi Kwan Road, Shiyan Town, Bao'an District,
Shenzhen, with rich industrial area 1-5