[Arm-netbook] thoughts about EOMA68

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:07:27 BST 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:

> While I understand that you want EOMA to include privisions for graphics
> output,

 graphics output (RGB/TTL), yes.  3D super-duper-engines no.  there
are *no* enforced requirements in EOMA as to the speed or capabilities
of whatever is pushed out over the RGB/TTL interface.

> it shouldn't exclude GPU-less CPUs, e.g. Marvell Kirkwood.

 it doesn't.

 however, the market for GPU-less CPUs is a much much smaller one.
*however*, if someone can find - and/or fund - a way to get GPU-less
EOMA-68 cards out there, i'm all for it: it will get the ball rolling.