[Arm-netbook] Group Buy: 7" Tablet

freebirds at fastmail.fm freebirds at fastmail.fm
Sun Oct 7 13:55:41 BST 2012

    Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross <arm-netbook at aross.me wrote:

> No point with 3G when 4G is coming. Anyway its an nasty Citizen
> Surveillance Device. No thanks personally. Mobile would put ME off.
> Don't know about my friend's position.
>
> GPS and FM. Sounds good to me but I guess it's only a receiver :( not a transmitter }

Well said Alexander. 3G, 4G, GPS and wifi are "nasty Citizen
Surveillance devices." Ipad's battery is non removable to enable remote
Wake On LAN (WOL). Manufacturers of phones and tablets solved the
problem of removable batteries and dead batteries preventing remote
monitoring. Since 2011 CMOS backup batteries are intentionally
manufactured stronger to remotely and discretely turn on the tablet and
transmit GPS coordinates. See:

The CMOS battery is only a "stand by" battery, it's not made to be a
fully operational battery but it can be used to send and receive a small
amount of data such as GPS coordinates or triangulation of the said cell
phone. I have seen coders use the CMOS battery power in a phone to make
simulated 911 calls, it's just a matter of hitting the right key
strokes. I've seen it done, a CMOS battery can be used to power a cell
phone. Just ask CSIS. (CSIS is Canadian Security Intelligent Service.)
Have you tested today's CMOS batteries in the new model Android phones
and iPhones....Those things are powerful enough to keep your phone fully
working for 30 minutes. Oh and the main reason that the CMOS batteries
are getting stronger and stronger is for all the GPS accommodations. The
law will change soon and will require that cell phones work on a "dead"
battery so that the GPS functions can be accessed by the user and the
emergency first responders.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread785241/pg1

http://www.rfaxis.com/press/2011_2_09.php
http://www.microwavejournal.com/articles/17589-samsung-selects-amalfi-s-cmos-pa-transmit-module-for-handset-platforms

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/52978.php

Removing the battery and SIM card from my cell phone to preclude my
abuser's investigators from geostalking me worked until I purchased a
new prepaid phone. Took me a long time to research and solve how they
were able to geostalk and physically stalk me. Then I researched
building a faraday cage. Articles recommending two layers of tinfoil
were not enough. Had to purchase a metal cigar box and mylar bags.
Minimum three mylar bags without metal box.

I much prefer laptops. So far, the battery in all laptops are removable.
How soon will the 14" laptops be available?

I had considered purchasing a MIPS tablet. However, there does not seem
to be a way to easily open up tablets to attempt to remove the 3G, GPS
and wifi. Ny requirement for a tablet would be identical to my
requirement for a laptop.