[Arm-netbook] GPS Tablet Advice Wanted

Alexander Stephen Thomas Ross arm-netbook at aross.me
Mon Oct 1 22:30:03 BST 2012

Don't know when a Rhombus-Tech tablet will :] be out or what size? Is
it going to be something like a 12"?

So in the mean time I am looking existing A10 tablets for a friend. He
wants to use it in the car for navigation, over the speed limit
notifications, speed cameras etc.

I am currently looking at this 5" yummy:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-5inch-UZONE-F5-PRO-5-Point-Touch-Capacitive-Android-2-3-GPS-Tablet-PC/565859165.html

Will be asking him tomorrow what sort of size he wants. What sizes do
you like for this purpose?

How do I know if they require non-free and/or proprietary firmware
and/or drivers? For things like the WIFI, GPS (Is on average GPS safer
from evil-ware? Is it as bad as WIFI?), etc?

Can I reflash any of these tablets with a GNU/Linux distro or only some
of them, if so which ones? Does documentation in wiki cover what I
should know?

Thanks.
Love you Rhombus-Tech :D. Looking forward to the future->>>