[Arm-netbook] RGB/TTL interface selection, why in EOMA-68

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:08:05 GMT 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Henrik Nordström <
henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> tor 2012-11-29 klockan 14:26 +0000 skrev luke.leighton:
>
> >  in the case of products with larger screens, we need to get the
> > RGB/TTL signals only off the card and into the LVDS IC (dual or
> > single).  it's not far.
>
> It is very far, even if a short distance. Crossing two PCBs, contacts
> and pins. Many reflection sources, impedance changes and possible lane
> alignment errors and interference sources.

love it.  well, we'll find out what happens, soon enough.

switching to single or dual LVDS as the standard is also problematic.
which one do you pick?  which products should be penalised and require
single-to-dual (or dual-to-single) converter ICs?

you see how it doesn't really work?