[Arm-netbook] flying squirrel conundrum

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 02:30:09 GMT 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 1:44 AM, Henrik Nordström <
henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:

> sön 2012-11-25 klockan 20:42 +0000 skrev luke.leighton:
> > we have a bit of a conundrum over component pricing.   $7 or
> > thereabouts is due to the use of EOMA-68 (casework etc). but even
> > subtracting $7 from $113 we're still a whopping $26 (23%) off of
> > equivalent devices with the same functionality.
>
> Any component brakdown outlining differences?
>
> > the target's $80.  can anyone help source parts on this list that will
> > help us to reach the target?
>
> $26+$7 is quite a bit to scrape off.
>
> > Capactitive 5T    $11.00    NJY    10000    CTM with NO CONTROLLER
>
> Hmm.. what is used as controller?

a 100-pin STM32F.  15 scan lines where you do PWM, this charges the
capacitors; 9 "sense" lines, connected to ADCs, read them in, shove the
output over to the main processor, let it work out the answers.

as this would be raw data being received and decoded on a 1ghz+ processor,
theoretically it would be possible to do... i dunno.... 50-point
multi-touch or something ridiculous.