[Arm-netbook] AM389x EOMA-68 CPU Card

Neal Peacock neal at nic-stix.com
Fri Nov 2 16:17:31 GMT 2012

On 10/31/2012 04:58 PM, luke.leighton wrote:
> http://rhombus-tech.net/ti/am389x/news/
>
> right, i've got a preliminary set of interfaces for a 50-pin (1mm)
> connector, they're:
>
> * 2-lane PCIe
> * 1x SATA
> * 1x McASP
> * 1x McBSP
> * 1x RS232
> * 1x SPI
>
> this is in addition to the standard EOMA-68 interfaces, which also
> includes one SATA, so this is *two* SATA interfaces in total.
>
> this processor family is monstrous! :)
>
> l.

I'm going to a TI tech day this week about porting u-boot for a custom
board with a Sitara processor.

http://www.ti.com/ww/en/techdays/2012/docs/orlando_abstracts.pdf

I'll check with them then post up whatever they hand out if its not
commonly available.  If anyone has an questions or anything they might
have some engineers on hand and I can get answers.

This processor seems like a good fit to me especially with the open
design files.  I don't have access to orcad anymore but I noticed they
have the board files as well.  Would it be possible to take their routed
design and just strip out the routing to the unused features but keep
the difficult routing for the ram?

I was thinking it might be a quick way to get a board drawn up for this
processor.  Any thoughts?

--
Neal