[Arm-netbook] A10 server dreamboard

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed May 30 12:44:18 BST 2012

On 05/30/2012 12:15 PM, Tsvetan Usunov, OLIMEX LTD wrote:
>> So I guess nobody actually tried it. Would a prototype to test be too
>> expensive? Can it not be done simply with chips 2x the capacity with the
>> same pin-out arrangement?
>>

> producing prototype will be not expensive at all I guess $500 will cover all
> expenses, the design of the 2GB board though will take much more time and
> money :))))

I think you just made a case for using a different SoC for server tasks.
One that is adequately supported by the manufacturer that can provide a
reference board that covers all of the functionality the SoC is capable of.

Sounds like the usual tradeof. In the old days it was: "cheap, fast,
reliable, pick any 2". I guess here it's a case of "cheap, feature-rich,
well-supported, pick any 2".

Gordan