[Arm-netbook] A10 server dreamboard

Tsvetan Usunov, OLIMEX LTD usunov at olimex.com
Wed May 30 12:41:58 BST 2012

>> producing prototype will be not expensive at all I guess $500 will cover
>> all
>> expenses, the design of the 2GB board though will take much more time and
>> money :))))
>
> Schematics, routing & layout, simulation & verification, modification,
> further simulation, iterate a number of times until it looks like all
> signals are within safe margins in time/length, reflections, impdance,
> interference and emi. Build prototype. Verify signal integrity, reaise
> that simulaton and real life do not quite match (many unknowns). Iterate
> whole procedure a couple of times.

seems you have been there too ;)
I still do remember once we had to deal with very new and not well
documented processor from big name in industry, after several prototypes we
finally found the only person in the company who had detailed knowledge on
the part and let us know some internal info about the onchip DCDC which
refused to work no matter how we layout the PCBs, and messing up with the
SDRAM by injecting noise on the RAM high speed signals,  so we  finally got
it to work, but we spent 9 months and our internal cost just of direct labor
and materials went over 15K EURO