[Arm-netbook] debian for mele a1000 / a2000

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Wed May 30 09:46:39 BST 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Henrik Nordström
<henrik at henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> tis 2012-05-29 klockan 23:33 -0400 skrev Gary Cramblitt:
>
>> At least two articles make the statement that first partition must start
>> "at sector 2048".  I've been assuming that meant *at least* sector 2048,
>> but perhaps that is wrong and it must be exactly sector 2048?
>
> It just needs to start somewhere after the u-boot environment which is
> at 544KB + 128KB. sector 2048 (1MB) is just a nice round number after
> there and happens to be default start sector in modern partitioning
> tools.

 hmmm... could someone with debian and the "sfdisk" command please
list the parameters and attach them to the wiki somewhere appropriate?
 sfdisk is the programmer's fdisk and i believe its parameters are
unambiguous.  there would therefore be no further confusion (one might
hope).