[Arm-netbook] A10 server dreamboard

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Wed May 30 08:57:37 BST 2012

On 30/05/12 09:32, Alejandro Mery wrote:
> On 30/05/12 09:13, Peter Steenbergen wrote:
>> There are better ARM SoC's out there to be used as server option, but
>> where the Allwinner might come in very handy is when the video chip
>> encoding is working.
>
> this thread was triggered by a conversation about inexpensive iMX6
> quad-core blades. A10 was only suggested for mini
> (embedded/industrial/home) servers but it seems the message got lost in
> translation.
>
> the documentation and sample code for encoding using the cedarx
> libraries in available. we have .a files for android and armel ubuntu...
> maybe Tom can get us armhf ones?
>
> *my* idea for the olinuxino A10 *mini* server board was/is 1 type B USB
> for gadget (including console) on the OTG, 2 normal USB2.0 hosts,
> ethernet, 1GB of RAM, small nand, full SD, ttl serial console on pins,
> esata and an expansion header for everything else. mountable on 4
> standoffs.

I forgot... the LiPo mini-UPS part of the suggestion was not intended as
part of the boards, but as something generic one can use between a 5V
power source (e.g. usb charger) and any 5V-powered device (now I realise
sata power out is needed too), been able to run without the actual
battery so it can be replaced without breaking the supply.