[Arm-netbook] A10 server dreamboard

Tsvetan Usunov, OLIMEX LTD usunov at olimex.com
Wed May 30 08:17:26 BST 2012

  There are better ARM SoC's out there to be used as server option, but where the Allwinner might come in very handy is when the video chip encoding is working.

  We can then end up in a very powerfull low energy transcoding machine to h.264. I imagine the chip can do one concurrent stream at the time, but then combining multiple boards into one machine gives the answer.

  Those transcoding machine are ussually very expensive and consume a shit load of energy. Their might be a nice nich market in that area for the Allwinner SoC

you mean to keep the video inputs and use the board act as video stream server?

Tsvetan