[Arm-netbook] A10 server dreamboard

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue May 29 21:04:23 BST 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 8:37 PM, krasi gichev <krasimirr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maximum number of USB HOSTs (native ones),

 there are three (one of which is USB-OTG).  one goes out on the A10
EOMA-68's 68-pin interface, the USB-OTG on the front connector and the
last one is on the 44-pin expansion header.

> SATA, 10/100 ( and maybe wifi
> module on board but it will eat out one of the USB hosts).

 the SD 3.0 wifi interface(s), one of which is on the A10 CPU card's
44-pin expansion header.

> I think that uSD slot is mandatory for flexibility

 that's why one was chosen for the A10 EOMA-68 CPU card.

> Reading over the replies, I would say the A10 is not the proper chip for
> this applications.

 it may turn out to be highly price-performance and
performance-per-watt competitive.

 also, this is why the plans are to do this as a modular design, so
that the CPU cards can be replaced as-and-when.  i upgraded the
EOMA-68 interface (and the EOMA-CF one) to Gigabit Ethernet, just for
the purposes of allowing 10/100/1000 Ethernet for when CPU cards with
gigabit ethernet are available.