[Arm-netbook] MK802 mini pc case removed

Tsvetan Usunov - OLIMEX Ltd usunov at olimex.com
Tue May 29 20:58:07 BST 2012

> I would not think the power sequencing is that critical as long as RESET
> is held at least until power is stable + 300us.

most of the CPUs with more than one power supply need sequencing, even if
this is not written in the datasheets
we ran PIC32 board recently in higher quantities, and there we had separate
voltage regulators for the digital and analog part hoping that this way we
improve the analog part noise
after running the board in mass production we found around 1% boards with
weird behaviour the core just locks after many hours of investigation we
found that the cause is that in these cases analog voltage rise faster than
digital, calling Microchip FAE and they admit that know the problem and
suggested to remove the analog v-reg :)

A10 need several voltages:
CORE +1.25
INTERLOGIC +1.2V
RTC +1.3V
AVCC +3.0V
CAM +2.8V
SATA/TVIN +2.5V
PIO +3.0V
DDR +1.5V

how they group them in just 3 voltages (I see 3 inductors)
I guess 1.2V 1.5V 3V removing RTC/CAM/SATA/ and running the core and
interlogic at same voltage