[Arm-netbook] A10 server dreamboard

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Tue May 29 15:41:06 BST 2012

Hi,

A Gigabit Ethernet would be nice, even better two NICs like the Dreamplug.
I use a Dreamplug as a server/firewall/router. It run a small webserver, Asterisk, DNS Server, ftp (where network scanners copy files), and mail forwarding. It is quite. I am told they do well as a IPSEec gateway too.

If you have GigE it is easy to run tcpdump @200-300 Mbps. When you pick a WiFi chip please pick something with a decent linux support; including support for AP/Master.

Especially with increase of Cable/DSL speeds into 100+ mbps such a boxe can be  handy.

UART/Console via a USB Mini/Micro connector is the best option.

So I am looking for a powerful network router, something between TP Link WR-703 and Dreamplug.

Two USB host ports, SATA, and a few GPIOs would be nice to have. In that order.

regards,
-antony