[Arm-netbook] A10 server dreamboard

Tsvetan Usunov - OLIMEX Ltd usunov at olimex.com
Tue May 29 13:24:49 BST 2012

Hi,

I've had interesting chat with Alejandro on the irc  about possible use of
A10 as fanless server unit.

I'm interested to hear your opinion as you obviously know better this from
customer/software developer point of view. Do you think A10 can handle
server jobs?

What do you think will be most useful (speak as performance not price) for
ARM embedded server with A10?
ok, ETHERNET is must, I guess HDMI and many USB ports etc are not necessary
in this case although they are build in and will not rise the BOM
significant

cheap LiPo 1.4Ah backup battery for stand alone operation few hours without
main power supply instead to use costly UPS?

RAM amount 1-2GB?
FLASH amount 4-8GB enough?

size factor? what is the best concept to mount in rack?

advantage is clear, such server will have 4-5W power consumption i.e. less
electricity bill, and quiet as no fans

Tsvetan