[Arm-netbook] 75USD A10 android USB key

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Mon May 28 21:51:45 BST 2012

mån 2012-05-28 klockan 22:59 +0300 skrev krasi gichev:

> If Olimex make a A10 variant,

Yes, as already announced some days ago.

>  they will try to fit all possible interfaces to one "PCBA".

No, only the most interesting ones. The rest is made available on
headers enabling shields to be added for other I/O functions if one do
not want to use those pins for GPIO.

> This is already seen with Mele or soon-to-come next PCBAs for STB with
> A10.

The mele is very different from what Olimex is planning. The mele is an
STB and provides virtually no general purpose GPIO pins while the Olimes
design focuses on providing maximum GPIO capability. The Mele was
selected as develoment platform simply because
a) UART easily accessible
b) Cheap price
c) Many other signals available for further hacking. But not for the
fainthearted as there is SMT components missing.

Regards
Henrik