[Arm-netbook] wits-tech EVB schematics

Peter Steenbergen p.steenbergen at j1nx.nl
Mon May 28 05:23:38 BST 2012

>  and, worse than that, each and every person in the distribution chain
> - including millions of end-users - must, strictly speaking - ask
> PERMISSION of AllwinnerTech even before using the device!  why?
> because there is no license, and as henrik points out "All rights
> reserved" means "you cannot do anything without our permission".
>
>  so, not only the OEMs, the factories, the warehouses, the sales
> people, but also the end-users, ALL OF THEM - millions of people -
> MUST phone up Allwinner Tech and say "please can i sell this device,
> please can i switch on this device, please can i play this game,
> please can i watch this video, please can i lend it to my friend,
> please can my daughter use it".
>
>  this is clearly an insane situation that Allwinner Tech *MUST*
> resolve, and it can be done very very simply with a simple
> announcement stating what the license is on the code.
>
>  l.

Tom, are you reading this!

I know you already made a statement about it, but with the above
information. Is it not worth (re)trying?

Otherwise we are just mights just do just that and keep bugging Allwinner.
Looking at the increased activity on the mailing list and IRC channel, we
might have enough people to get Allwinner to get their finger out of their
@$$