[Arm-netbook] wits-tech EVB schematics

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Sat May 26 15:54:44 BST 2012

On 05/26/2012 01:51 PM, lkcl luke wrote:
> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Alejandro Mery<amery at geeks.cl>  wrote:
>> lkcl luke<luke.leighton<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>>

>>> ok, i've sent a quick message to the people at wits-tech, making a
>>> case for them to release the EVB schematics under a Creative Commons
>>> License.  it's easy to justify: all the big companies (freescale, TI)
>>> have full schematics available without restriction.
>>>
>>> so, let's see what they say.
>>
>> based on previous experiences I sadly believe they won't respond at all :(
>
>   i cc'd my contacts at allwinnertech - they tend to respond.  they
> might not say "yes"; they might not understand... :)  also, geoff and
> jimmy are still in shenzen so, well, apart from them being madly busy
> with 2-3 meetings a day if absolutely necessary i'll go that route as
> well, ask them to call.
>
>   the meetings with both allwinnertech and wits-tech went very well:
> they loved the EOMA-68 concept.  so did our PRC client.  we *have* to
> deliver a CPU card, and fast.

Some of us have gotten blue in the face from holding our breath for so
long...

For the sort of farm-in-a-box usage that I have in mind, the only
options available are obscenely expensive (one is quite profane at $15K
for 16 Armada blades, the other truly outrageous at $20K for 8 Cortex
blades).

I am very close to actually taking the plunge and getting off the shelf
cases (ACME do some pretty ones) modified (no biggie, largely just
involes drilling mounting holes in the right places) to fit a bunch of
CuBox boards in. I could kncok this sort of thing out easily at about
£1K for a box of 8 in 1U, including a reasonable hourly rate for
actually assembling them.

Gordan