[Arm-netbook] policy for wiki and mailing list

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue May 22 21:21:23 BST 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Philip Hands <phil at hands.com> wrote:
> Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il> writes:
>
>> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 07:42:52PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
>>
>>> Please do, at least we get to fix any issues that way.
>>
>> I believe I miss tags.
>
> tags were already enabled (although there's no hint of this that you
> could be expected to notice)
>
> If you add a:
>
>  [[!tag some/page some/other/page]]
>
> directive to a page, tags are listed at the bottom of the page, with
> links to the pages named, and the liked-to pages get a list of links
> appended to them, so you'd normally make that page consist of a
> description of the purpose of the tag -- see:
>
>  http://ikiwiki.info/plugins/tag/
>
>> I also "miss" searching. Is it possible to have a
>> simple built-in search?
>
> Seems like a reasonable idea -- I've turned the Xapian search plugin on.

 wow it's *fast*.

> Luke, that probably needs some CSS work to make it a little tidier

 arr, done.  had to add some fixed height to the header divs, that
allowed the search box to randomly wander down a bit.  i could have
set padding or margin to the left edge at 250px or something to make
room for the search box to fit, but... yeahh it'll do.

> (although I quite like the way the search box straddles the top bar).

 yes but i recall that oo, what... 15 years ago you also didn't mind
2nd-hand 21inch interlaced 43hz CRT monitors running well beyond their
rated specifications (1600 x 1200), howling so loud that they make
peoples' ears bleed from the high pitch of the horizontal sync signal,
with the picture wobbling so badly that people scream in horror and
shut their eyes so that they didn't fall over (either from vertigo or
simply unconsciousness)