[Arm-netbook] A13 schematic

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu May 17 14:30:38 BST 2012

tor 2012-05-17 klockan 13:19 +0300 skrev Tsvetan Usunov - OLIMEX Ltd:
> I'm working on A13 schematic now and as I got many requests for HDMI
> option I evaluate the possibility to use SIL9022A as HDMI transciever
> for HDMI shield.
> I requested datasheet from Silicon Image and got NDA pre-qualification
> infosheet and this written below:
>

> "For using the requested ICs is it binding to be a HDMI licensee. This
> licensing is related to a yearly fee of 10.000US$ for HDMI-Membership.
> The procedure will be directly executed by the HDMI organization.
> Further information can be found by the help of the following links:
> <http://www.hdmi.org/> "

This applies no matter which chip solution you use. hdmi requires that
each device is licensed, not only the components the device is built on.
No idea where they draw the borderline.

http://www.hdmi.org/download/CDF/Licensed_ProductCBP.pdf

Regarding the fee there is apparently two options
http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/adopter_registration.aspx

a) "Ten thousand fixed annual licensing fee plus royalty"

b) "Five thousand annual licensing fee plus $1.00 administration fee per
licensed product plus royalty"

And royalty is defined at http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/terms.aspx
between US$0.15 and US$0.01 depending on HDMI marketing and HDCP
licensing.

Regards
Henrik