[Arm-netbook] RAM, uboot

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Sat May 12 12:07:51 BST 2012

On 10/05/12 21:35, David Given wrote:
[...]
> 448? Where's the other 64MB going?

Well, I figured this out. From arch/arm/mach-sun4i/core.c, line 407, in
the code that sets up the initial memory:

    size = DRAMC_get_dram_size();

    if (size <= 512) {
            mi->nr_banks=1;
            mi->bank[0].start = 0x40000000;
            mi->bank[0].size = SZ_1M * (size - 64);
    } else {

So it's deliberately reducing the DRAM area by 64MB. I have no idea why.
I tried changing the amount it's reduced by, and all that happens is
that the kernel fails to start, hanging after the "Memory Policy..." line.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

│
│ "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by
│ stupidity." --- Nick Diamos (Hanlon's Razor)